Responsible for coordinating communications with the Library Board of Control, collecting and compiling reports and statistics and providing administrative and clerical support to the Director and the Board. This position reports to the Library Director. This is a regular full-time 40 hour per week position. This is a non-exempt position.
- Coordinates Board meetings; records and transcribes Library Board meeting minutes; types and distributes agendas and press releases.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the Director and Library Board of Control including researching, scheduling, word processing, filing, photocopying, mailing, etc.
- Schedules and coordinates arrangements for public and staff usage of the meeting room in the administrative office building.
- Collects, compiles, types and distributes various statistical reports.
- Collects, compiles, types, and distributes statistical and narrative input for the annual report, State Library, and various library journals.
- Serves as the Library’s Records Retention Officer.
- Schedules and makes arrangements for Library meetings. Preparations include (but are not limited to) typing and distributing agendas, handouts, and flyers.
- As assigned by the Business Manager:
- Serves as office and telephone equipment repair liaison, and voice communications administrator.
- Schedules service on typewriters, copy machines, telephone systems, microfiche/microfilm machines (including supplies), book security system (gate, desensitizers, etc.).
- Performs receptionist duties such as answering telephone lines, directing, taking messages, providing information, and greeting visitors. Maintains, issues, and retrieves inside and outside building and vehicle keys.
- Randomly verifies library vehicle travel log books and vehicle log books used by employees who use private vehicles in the performance of library duties.
- Maintains membership records for Friends of the Library groups.
- Publishes the Library’s monthly in-house newsletter.
- Supervises Public Services substitutes:
- Interviews and selects candidates.
- Notifies selected candidates. Prepares and mails required paperwork.
- Trains subs on the use of the Sub Calendar and other assignment-related issues.
- Communicates with managers regarding issues about subs.
- Maintains the Names Chart in the Sub Calendar.
- Maintains sub unavailable dates in the Sub Calendar.
- Evaluates, or assigns evaluations, all subs.
- Disciplines and/or terminates subs.
- Performs other related work as required or directed
Education & Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
- High school diploman and 3 years of full-time administrative experience
- Intermediate to advanced 10-key experience.
- Self-starter with an outgoing personality and the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Analytical with extensive time management and problem-solving skills
- Attentive to detail, fluency of ideas and creativity a must.
- Computer literacy at an intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet.
- Ability to operate simple camera equipment.
- Proof of ability to type 35 wp on a computer keyboard.
- Ability to lift, carry, pul, and push a minimum of 15 lbs.
- Ability to repeatedly bend, stoop, squat, climb two to three level step ladder, and reach above the head.
- Ability to sit for varied and extended (2 - 3 hours) periods of time.
- Ability to work extended, flexible, irregular, and varied work hours and days as responsibilities of position dictateds.
- Ability and willingness to perform non-routine functions, including repetitive tasks.
- Class E (standard) driver's licese and clean driving record prior to applying.
- Successful participation in pre-employment/transfer drug screening and Random Drug Testing Program.
Applicants must complete these two steps:
1. Complete a Rapides Parish Library application. Application should be sent as an email attachment to: email@example.com. Applications that are not typed will not be accepted.
2. Complete testing for Substitute Clerk at Rapides Career Solution Center (Job Services) 610-B Coliseum Boulevard, Alexandria, LA Phone: 487-5532
Contact: Carolyn Colwell, HR Administrator (445-6436 Ext. 1006) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org