Outreach Clerk I - Bookmobile
This is a regular 20-hour per week position. This is a non-exempt position.
- Drives bookmobile to specified locations as needed
- Performs basic to advanced level bibliographic and/or circulation assistance.
- Provides varied customer service information in a light to heavy traffic customer service environment.
- Operates computer terminals and various search databases at basic to advanced skill level for search, retrieval and dissemination of information to customers.
- Operates circulation computer terminals for data input, search, retrieval, registration of customers, and various other computer operations.
- Collects monies for various service and fees.
- Troubleshoots basic customer computer problems and provides basic computer operation assistance.
- Performs circulation activities [including, but not limited to] checking in and out of library materials, registering customers and issuing library cards, and processing overdues.
- Researches books, and other print and non-print materials to answer reference questions at basic to advanced level.
- Provides books and other materials to customers and assist customers with materials selection.
- Records, tracks, and calculates reference questions and customer computer usage.
- Fills out paperwork or makes data entries and submits books and other materials requests.
- Performs administrative and clerical duties such as copying, filing, faxing, updating of materials, simple calculating, answering the telephone, taking messages, and/or responding to e-mail and various other correspondences.
- Sorts and prepares books and other library materials for shelving.
- Shelves and shelf reads library materials.
- Assists with decorating and maintaining bookmobile bulletin boards
- Performs scheduled custodial duties, [including, but not limited to] emptying trash and delivering to trash receptacles, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping.
- Performs other related work as required or directed.
- The workweek begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Saturday and Sunday hours may be included.
- Rapides Parish Library hereby reserves at its absolute discretion the right to transfer you to any department or branch as needed in the future.
- A clean driving record prior to applying for this position is required and must be maintained.
- Personal Vehicle Driver's License (Class E) and clean driving record prior to applying for position and ability to maintain a clean driving record.
- The ability to obtain a chauffeurs driver’s license (Class D) immediately upon hire
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) and ability to read, write, understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Internet at intermediate to advance level.
- Proof of ability to type 35 wpm on computer keyboard.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull and push minimum of 35 lbs.
- Ability to repeatedly bend, stoop, squat, climb two to three level step ladder, and reach above head
- Ability to stand for varied and extended (2 ½ to 3 hours) periods of time.
- Ability to sit for varied and extended (2 ½ to 3 hours) periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible, irregular, and varied work hours including nights and weekends.
- Successful participation in pre-employment/transfer drug screening and Random Drug Testing Program.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all job duties performed by persons in the position. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time as the needs of the library and requirements of the job change.
Applicants must complete these two steps:
1. Complete a Rapides Parish Library application. Application should be sent as an email attachment to: email@example.com. Applications that are not typed will not be accepted.
2. Complete testing for Substitute Clerk at Rapides Career Solution Center (Job Services) 610-B Coliseum Boulevard, Alexandria, LA Phone: 487-5532
Contact: Jackie Brown, HR Administrator (445-6436 Ext. 1006) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org