- Performs basic/general plumbing repairs and replacement under the direction of Facilities Manager.
- Performs basic/general roof repairs and replacement under the direction of Facilities Manager.
- Builds/constructs desks, computer desks, shelves, bookcases; moves, arranges and delivers furniture to various locations.
- Repairs and refurbishes worn and broken furniture.
- Builds and assists in construction/reconstructing of building additions, overhang walls, sidewalks and driveways with moderate supervision.
- Assists in installation and repairs of basic electrical fixtures, and installation and minor repairs of ceiling fans and light fixtures under the direction of FM.
- Repairs locks, desk drawers, shelves, chairs, tables, etc.
- Paints internal and external areas of facilities, as needed.
- Washes vehicles, changes tires, and performs general preventive maintenance repairs and replacement.
- Paints stripes, lettering and symbols on all library parking lots.
- Arranges chairs, tables and various equipment in meeting room, and transports furniture to and from storage location.
- Replaces light receptacles and bulbs.
- Runs errands; picks-up and delivers materials and supplies to branches and various locations.
- Cleans garden and sidewalk area. Assists with various gardening functions, including planting and trimming of bushes, trees and flowers; removes debris, weeds, etc.
- Cleans buildings and parking lots, as assigned and needed.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors; vacuums and shampoos carpets, as needed.
- Dusts books, plants, lamps, furniture, equipment, vases, etc; waxes and polishes furniture, fixtures and other equipment, as needed.
- Collects and empties trash. Delivers trash to disposal areas; cleans trash receptacles and replaces trash liners, as needed.
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms, and replaces supplies, as needed.
- Cleans doors, window sills, and blinds, as needed.
- Cleans windows as scheduled or when directed.
- Performs other related work as required or directed.
- The workweek begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Saturday and Sunday hours may be included.
- Rapides Parish Library hereby reserves at its absolute discretion the right to transfer you to any department or branch as needed in the future.
- Ability to read, write, understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to operate various electrical, mechanical, welding, and carpentry tools at a basic level with close to moderate supervision.
- Ability to operate basic industrial janitorial equipment, and perform general maintenance on the equipment.
- Two years of related experience.
- Ability to repeatedly crawl, stoop, bend, squat, and climb ladder.
- Ability to work in extreme heat.
- Ability to work at levels, possibly, above 15 ft.
- Ability to repeatedly carry, lift, pull, push minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to distinguish colors and determine depth perception.
- Ability to stand for extended (2 ½ to 3 hours) periods of time.
- Ability to work alone in a building after hours, entering and exiting.
- Must be able to work with chemicals contained in cleaning products
- Class E (standard) driver’s license and clean driving record prior to applying for position and ability to maintain a clean driving record.
- Successful participation in pre-employment/transfer drug screening and Random Drug Testing Program.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all job duties performed by persons in the position. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time as the needs of the library and requirements of the job change.
A complete application requires:
- RPL Application: Complete a Rapides Parish Library application on-line at: http://www.rpl.org/about/openings/application.pdf. Application should be saved as a pdf file and sent as an email attachment to: email@example.com.
- Current resume listing your complete work experience.
Pay Range: Min: 8.00….Mid: $10.70….Max: $13.96
Pay depends on education and experience.
Human Resource Manager
Rapides Parish Library
318-445-6436 Ext. 1006