RAPIDES PARISH LIBRARY
DISPLAY CASE POLICY
The Rapides Parish Library display case is a tool by which the Library supports its mission of providing an opportunity to individuals/organizations to share art, various collections or informative information with the community. The library seeks assistance from community organizations and individuals in furthering this mission. The presence of a particular display in the Library does not necessarily indicate that the Library either advocates or endorses the viewpoints of exhibits or exhibitors.
The case is available on a first-come, first-served reservation basis for educational, artistic, informational, or cultural displays.
The library will take every precaution to safeguard the display exhibited by keeping the cases locked. However, the library assumes no liability for damage to the display items. A display case agreement must be signed before an exhibit is placed in the case. A time for the display to be removed will be established when the agreement is signed.
B. CONDITIONS of DISPLAY
- Designated staff shall schedule displays for the display case in compliance with this policy. The Library Director shall make the final determination of compliance.
- Individuals and organizations may indicate an interest in assisting the Library in developing displays by contacting the Library.
- Displays must conform to the space restrictions of the assigned area. Nails may not be pounded into the wall surfaces.
- Displays may be in place for up to six to eight weeks. Staff may schedule displays for shorter periods of time.
- Any individual or organization who provides materials for a display shall sign a form that releases the library from any responsibility for the loss or damage to works on display. If the individual is a minor, a parent or legal guardian shall sign the waiver.
- The Library will not sell items from the display case nor will selling prices be displayed.
- Individuals and organizations providing materials for displays will be acknowledged with a sign, indicating “Materials in this display are provided by . . . . ”