Display or Distribution of Non-Library Informational Materials Policy
From time to time, the Library is asked to post or make available for distribution announcement flyers or other materials from organizations or individuals promoting their activities or points of view.
- Literature concerning “free and open to the public” events of an educational, informational, or cultural nature.
- Literature advertising the services of public or non-profit agencies.
- Fee-based events hosted by non-profit organizations.
- Commercial promotions, including business cards, where the intent is to sell something. Fee-based events sponsored by individuals or commercial enterprises, including garage sales.
- Material or events associated with political campaigns, movements or activities, whether free or not, unless all candidates for a given office or sides of a given issue are represented.
- Items or events of a religious nature.
Approved by the Rapides Parish Library Board of Control March 20, 2012