Rapides Parish Library in partnership with RBdigital from Recorded Books, is pleased to offer Zinio for Libraries. Awarded Best New Database of 2012 by Library Journal, Zinio is the world’s largest newsstand, offering multi-user access to popular publications.
Through our website, patrons of the Rapides Parish Library have unlimited multi-user access to complete digital magazines, which can easily be viewed on most Internet-enabled devices inside or outside of the library. Zinio’s unique technology digitally recreates a magazine page for page, including full color pictures, intuitive navigation, key word article search and interactive elements such as audio and video.
- To use this service you will create 2 accounts which must have matching e-mail addresses. The first account lets you check out magazines from our digital collection, the second account allows you access to the web and app based readers to either read the magazine directly in your web browser, or download it to your devices.
- Create your first account by going to our digital magazine catalog and clicking "Create New Account" in the upper right corner. When it asks, type in your library card number. Then enter your name, email address, and a password. (The password must be 8 characters and contain both numbers and letters.)
- You will create the second account after checking out a magazine.
- Click on a magazine cover to view more information or to check out that issue.
- After checking out your first magazine, click the Start Reading button to create your reader account. Do not change the e-mail address field as this MUST match the e-mail address for the account you created in step 2! Fill out the rest of the information. We advise you to use the same password for both accounts. Click the register button when you've filled out the form.
- After your second account is created, you may read the magazine in a flash enabled browser or use the email address and password from the second (reader) account with the zinio app on your mobile device.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE CATALOG