- Assists in long range planning.
- Determines work schedules of employees in Manager’s absence. Approves, verifies and certifies hours worked and absenteeism of employees
- Regularly creates the monthly report.
- Regularly reports to the Direct Services Coordinator the happenings of the branch.
- Regularly creates the time sheet summary and approves online time sheets for staff and substitutes.
- Evaluates substitutes as assigned by the Direct Services Coordinator.
- Assists in the selection, orientation and hiring of Library Clerks.
- In the absence of the Branch Manager, supervises Library Clerks.
- Assists and participates in terminations, handling of grievances and discipline.
- Provides varied customer service information to customers in a medium traffic customer service environment.
- Conducts or assists customers in basic to intermediate level Internet searches and retrievals.
- Provides books and other materials to customers and assists customers with materials selection.
- Researches books, and other print and non-print materials to answer reference questions at basic to intermediate level.
- Assists /creates/presents adult programming.
- Assists /creates/presents children’s programming.
- Assists in weeding collections.
- Assists in recommending and/or selecting materials.
- Assists in handling gifts as needed.
- Operates computer terminals, printers and various search databases at basic to advanced skill level for search, retrieval and dissemination of information to customers.
- Collects monies for various services and fees.
- Troubleshoots basic customer computer problems and provides basic computer operation assistance.
- Performs circulation activities using computer terminals [including, but not limited to] checking in and out of library materials, registering customers and issuing library cards and/or processing overdues.
- Sorts and prepares books and other library materials for shelving.
- Shelves and shelf reads library materials.
- Records, tracks and calculates reference questions.
- Responsible for recording, collecting, compiling, tracking and calculating transaction counts for Internal and external statistical reports, including monthly reports.
- Performs administrative and clerical duties such as copying, filing, faxing, updating of materials, simple calculating, answering the telephone, taking messages, and/or responding to e-mail and various other correspondence.
- Performs light housekeeping duties to maintain a neat work and customer service environment.
- Performs other related work as required or directed
- The workweek begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Saturday and Sunday hours may be included.
- Assistant Managers are required to be willing to move to new locations as the Direct Services Coordinator deems it necessary for their continued training and for the good of RPL.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership experience in a professional role. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience is a plus
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Internet at intermediate to advanced levels.
- Proof of ability to type 35 wpm on computer keyboard.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull and push minimum of 35 pounds.
- Ability to repeatedly bend, stoop, squat, climb two to three level step ladder, and reach above head.
- Ability to stand for varied and extended (2 ½ to 3 hours) periods of time.
- Ability to sit for varied and extended (2 ½ to 3 hours) periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible, irregular and varied work hours, including nights and weekends.
- Class E (standard) driver’s license and clean driving record prior to applying for position and ability to maintain clean driving record.
- Successful participation in pre-employment/transfer drug screening and Random Drug Testing Program.
Location: Gunter Branch, 5630 Holloway Road (28E), Pineville, LA
Pay Scale: Wage rate begins at $8.21 per hour capping at $14.38 per hour. Wage is determined by verifiable education and experience
Applicants should complete a Rapides Parish Library application on-line here. Application should be saved as a pdf file and sent as an email attachment. Applications that are not typed will not be accepted. An updated resume should be submitted also.
Contact: Carolyn Colwell Email: email@example.com Phone: 318-445-6436 Ext. 1006