The Chrome browser DOES NOT save filled pdf forms. If you are using Chrome as your browser, click the “Job Application” link below and then open the downloaded file with Adobe Reader or another pdf program.
- Performs circulation activities (including, but not limited to) checking in and out of library materials, registering customers, issuing library cards, and processing overdues.
- Sorts and prepares books and other library materials for shelving.
- Conducts or assists in basic to advanced research of books, periodicals and other print materials to provide information to customers.
- Operates various computer sources and various databases for basic to advanced research, retrieval, and dissemination of information to customers.
- Provides various customer service related information to library customers in a light to heavy customer service work environment.
- Performs basic to elementary level bibliographic and/or circulation functions.
- Submits books and other materials requests in print and/or electronically to the Loan Division.
- Shelves and shelf reads library materials.
- Sorts and prepares materials for delivery.
- Types and/or prints various information tracking records relative to delivery of materials.
- Prepares and/or processes returns.
- Collects monies from customers for various services and fees.
- Performs light housekeeping duties to maintain a neat work area and customer service environment.
- Assists with materials and equipment preparations, registrations and attendance of Summer Reading Program activities.
- Assists with decorating and maintaining department/branch bulletin boards.
- Performs other related work as required or directed.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) and ability to read, write, understand carry out written and oral instructions.
- Must have reliable phone service and a current email address that allows messages to be received and answered.
- Computer literate.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
- Proof of ability to type 35 wpm on computer keyboard.
- Ability to lift, carry, and push minimum 25 – 30 lbs.
- Ability to repeatedly reach above your head.
- Ability to repeatedly bend, stoop, squat, and climb two to three level step ladder.
- Ability to stand for varied and extended (2 ½ to 3 hours) period of time.
- Ability to sit for varied and extended (2 ½ to 3 hours) period of time.
- Ability to focus and remain attentive to detail while doing repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work flexible, irregular and varied work hours, including Saturdays, nights and weekends.
- Ability to withstand drastic changes in temperature and inclement weather.
- Successful participation in Random Drug Testing Program.
System Specialist I
- Provide IT support for stand-alone and networked PCs in a Public Library setting
- Unpack, setup and install automation hardware
- Install software applications on PCs
- Provide limited support related to PC networks
- Provide support to Systems Administrator to maintain servers, PCs, routers, hubs, switches, backup drives, CD towers, network printers and entire operating system
- Provide user training in basic hardware and software functions
- Maintain and perform preventative maintenance of system
- Orders hardware and software, as instructed, by supervisor
- Maintain the service log as needed
- On-call duty for system on alternating weekend
- Other duties as required
- A+ Certification or completion of technical training at an accredited school (experience may be substituted for education).
- Proof of ability to type 50 wpm on computer keyboard
- Computer literacy in Windows, Office Suite and Internet at intermediate to advanced level.
- Ability to repeatedly bend, stoop, squat, climb two to three level step ladder, and reach above head
- Ability to distinguish colors and determine depth perception.
- Ability to repeatedly carry, lift, pull, push minimum of 35 to 50 lbs.
- Class E (standard) driver’s license and clean driving record prior to applying for position.
- Employment is contingent on a satisfactory background check, pre-employment and random drug screen.